Board President: David Feldman
Board Vice President: Beth Curran
Secretary: Sally Deveraux
Co-Treasurer: Javier Monge
Co-Treasurer: Renee VanNiel
Executive Producer: Kathy Schultz
Associate Producer: Tara Behnke
Managing Director: Bronwyn Keith
Board Members: Brent Freeby, Sigrid Long, Moyses Muguira, Brad Schultz
Coastal Performing Arts Foundation
As an organization that believes in the power of live performances to enrich and transform the lives of children, families and communities, we embrace these core values:
• COMMITMENT – We passionately believe that when young people have opportunities to participate in exceptional training and professional quality theater productions, they are becoming not only the next generation of artists and arts appreciators, but the next generation of engaged citizens: empowered to commit, focus, communicate and energetically participate in a collaborative process.
• CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT – We believe that the performing arts help our youth to grow not only as artists, but also as people. Our company members are encouraged to set personal goals and work hard while exploring their creativity. Our Directors strive to promote a cohesive company, as well as focusing on the individual, creating just the right balance of challenge and support.
• ACCESS – We are committed to offering access to our theatrical productions to underserved populations in our community and outreach opportunities to our local schools to enhance their performing arts curriculum. CPAF offers scholarship opportunities and performer sponsorships so that all youth have an equal opportunity to pursue their passion for the arts.
• ARTISTS – Whatever their age and ability level, the members of CCYB, CYT and Beyond Boundaries are treated as artists. Their input is valued, and they are encouraged to be part of shaping the final product.
• ESPRIT DE CORPS – We teach, cast and rehearse with the idea that all of our performers are a family and equally contribute to a successful show, no matter how “large” their role or amount of time on stage. We believe in assigning multiple roles and in challenging company members to embrace both lead and supporting roles. We nurture a supportive, collaborative art-making process – not a competitive one.
• PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT – We believe parental involvement makes our companies better. We utilize volunteers for various tasks related to mounting the best show possible. Our group of talented young performers and supportive parents help to build a larger community of theater-lovers.